Thursday, July 12, 2007

More on Magic

Magic and I are exchanging emails about who we are and what we want that are tugging at my heart.

The through review he is giving the things I tell him, and the thought and honest communication he is giving me, are pulling me toward him and opening my heart.

It has been a long time, I recognize, since a man asked, or implied he wanted, the kind of scrupulous self-examination writing back and forth with Magic seems to entail; my sense is that if we talk long enough, we will peel ourselves back, like onions, right to the heart.

I have three men I am dealing with: my loving friend, a man I have not met yet but will see next week, and my friend/former lover D. Of all of them, Magic seems like someone who could go the deepest toward my heart, but I don't really know him well enough to be sure, and I'm not going to rush finding out.

Whatever happens, I feel like our interchange is honest and powerful and I appreciate his triggering that.

1 comment:

Mina Lamieux said...

Take your time and enjoy. All things will fall into place on their own.